June 14, 2006

Copycats

Tuned into the hockey game last night as the national anthems were being sung. I suppose now that the Oiler fans have shown their love for team, game and country by singing out loud our national anthem the Americans have to do the same and sing along to theirs? It's sad they couldn't think of their own "thing". This also applies to the lucky silver dollar they buried at centre ice... where have we seen that before?! They have to grab onto something that's already. been. done. Feh.

I noticed that their rendition didn't even come close to Edmonton's in terms of volume and passion but that's just me. Maybe it's just coz I think they're one big huge flock of sheep. Is that too harsh? Perhaps. They've also got a massive inferior superiority complex in that they always have to one-up everyone else. Oh, so you can sing? We can do it too... but better! I suppose I could overlook this instance of gross imitation as long as they don't get too excited with themselves and dub one of their cities Hockeytown or something equally mindless...

No comments: