November 08, 2006

Hooray for Choice

Remember when I railed against that controversial law in South Dakota barring women from having abortions unless their lives were in danger? I am over the moon to hear that last night's vote in the United States overturned that imbecilic ban. See we're not all sheep, some people used their minds and decided that someone else can't tell them what to do with their bodies and unborn babes. Right or wrong, whatever the woman decides to do is her prerogative. The choice ultimately belongs to the individual carrying the fetus.

I celebrate the freedom to make our own decisions, but women of the world, we need to be responsible too. Old enough to bleed, old enough to breed. If you don't want to get knocked up, take the necessary precautions. Questions, no? Then I'll step off my soapbox now.

No comments: