June 15, 2009

Chop Chop!

OK, I sort of fibbed. The month of May came to a close and I didn't do it. Only because I neglected to look at the calendar when I first told you I'd cut my hair and see that it was already end of the month. But anyway, I did it. Last Friday I took the plunge and had a big rat tail's length of hair chopped off. Well, longer than a regular rat at least. I keep wanting to make some metaphor about foot-long hotdogs for some strange reason, but it just doesn't work that way so I'll have to show you the results.

My hair is now, on average about 16 inches shorter. It's really kind of crazy considering how different it looks and feels. I was really very apprehensive about it because I'm a wash and go kind of person, how would I manage short hair that might need styling products, blow dryers, nifty techniques and such? As it turns out, my stylist did such an amazing job I don't have to do much at all. It sits as nicely as it did the day she did me (hee!) and I only have to rub in a dab of mousse to keep the a few stray strands of bangs out of my eyes.

So without further ado, my before and after plus the casualty that will be sent to some wig making charity. In the after picture, one side of my head looks a little flat. That's because after I left the salon I couldn't stop touching and fussing with my crazy new 'do and thus wrecked the symmetry of the stylist's magical creation. Rest assured that I have since stopped touching myself (double hee!) and everything is once again very much unflat-looking.



No comments: