August 03, 2005

Eau De TTC

Seems like I'm not the only thing stinky around here. For those of you who take the subway a lot, you'll know what I'm talking about. I grew up on the TTC, taken it at all hours of the day, on many bus routes and have made a few observations. And smelled a few things.

I'd like to know why the University/Spadina line always has newer, better and cleaner trains than the Bloor/Danforth line. Kind of unfair to the east-west commuters. I had an appointment in Scarborough today and took the subway from work. The University/Spadina train was fine. It had a/c and it was neat. I then transferred onto the other subway and man did it stink! It was hot, sticky and smelled strongly of old urine. Eeeww. My sense of smell is somewhere between humans and wolves and strong smells really bother me. I had to move, it helped a little but still. Groooss.

Note to the TTC: Could you perhaps hose down the Bloor/Danforth trains once in awhile? And maybe hang up a few of those car fresheners to help mask the overwhelming aromas of B.O. and urine. Thank you in advance.

Love, Stinky T

No comments: