October 23, 2006

Candles in the Curry

Happy birthday to my wandering sister. On this day, a number of years ago she ripped out of my mom after many days of excruciating labour, tears, pain and probably regret that sex was ever invented. Her birth story is long, colourful and disgusting, the details that moms never forget, whereas mine is practically an afterthought. "Oh yah, you shot out like a watermelon seed." Um, thanks? I'm sending this out all the while not knowing where exactly in hell she is, other than somewhere in India. She's out seeing the world and enjoying foreign fare. We're not super close but we understand each other so maybe even without reading this she'll know I'm sending out some nice thoughts for once.

Not sure what she's riding, eating, sleeping with, sleeping where, etc. but I hope she doesn't have Traveller's Diarrhea... I hear that stuff's nasty, but then if you make a mess I suppose you could always blame one of the wandering cows for their impertinent sphincters.

Enjoy your birthday curry, H. See you whenever you come back.

3 comments:

Holden said...

I think I always come back here because I know that somehow, some way, it's gonna get gross pretty often.

And for that, I raise my glass to you.
:)

Anonymous said...

Ahahah, Holden.
Happy B-Day H!

Anonymous said...

Is this really the first quickie mart?



...really?