December 31, 2007

Bye Bye, 2007

So this is the final 2007 post, it's been a good year.  Had a great pregnancy, not such a fun birthing experience and sometimes the Fusspot made me want to build a time machine to go back to the past and change a few things.  On the upside, mommy can go back to dealing with her issues with the occasional drink that always puts a smile right back on her face.  Oh how I've missed my wine while pregnant, it's such a joy to be able to enjoy alcohol again even if it's in small amounts.  A memorable night was had recently at Oscar's when there was the chance to sample from several bottles due to the number of people in attendance.

Anyway, so the holidays were good.  The baby was mostly well behaved, except for a few times when we saw family and she was overwhelmed, swarmed, tossed around like a hot potato and yelled at (Asians are especially loud and excitable).  But then, I can't really blame her for being upset when she was just obviously scared.  Of note, one of the grandmas (my mom) should never drink when the Fusspot is around.  A few drops of the fun juice revs up her loud and excitability factor exponentially.  Hot potato turned into a rugby scrum and I had to step in several times to rescue my screaming baby lest she become many baby parts before the night's end.

Fusspot is all ready for the New Year celebration tonight, within the last week she has discovered screeching.  At first very cute, it has now become a nails on chalkboard kind of scream she incessantly enjoys making.

So there you go, I gotta get back to my New Year's party.  It's all about video games, snacks and Jell-o shots.  I just had my first... never was a big fan of vodka but it'll do.  See you all in the new year.  

No comments: