September 04, 2009

Slow Friday

I don't think this baby subscribes to the same newsletters that I do on fetal development. For the past couple of weeks I've been told that I should be feeling fewer movement than before because there's less room in my belly for baby to move around. Let me tell you how strongly baby disagrees as he seems incredibly determined to make more space in there. I am keenly aware of baby's every waking moment, especially in the middle of the night when I sometimes think of rolling on top of my belly to stop the in utero break dancing. If I thought that Bugbug was crazy active - which she totally is, this next one will run circles around her. I am worried.

Also had a run-in with a co-worker who annoys me muchly. I've probably written about her before but I don't remember if I ever gave her a name. When I see her approaching I will usually turn around and walk the other way regardless of how not subtle and super rude it looks. When she does manage to corner me to interrogate my personal life I will be polite but give very minimal answers so as to discourage friendship.

Today she followed me straight into the washroom and there was no way for me to escape. I took a deep breath and put on a smile.

Woman I Do Not Like: Oh! You're still here! (referencing my pregnant belly)

Stinky T: Yes I am. (No shit, Sherlock is what I really wanted to say. Unoriginal yes, but nobody asked you.)

WIDNL: But your baby is coming soon. How much longer?

Stinky T: Oh, end of the month.

WIDNL: One more month??

Stinky T: No, end of the month.

Pause

WIDNL: One more week?

At this point I just ignored her, finished up and left.

No comments: