November 10, 2005

First Snow!


It was cold, it was super windy, it was snowing this morning!

I had on my scarf, my mittens, my toque and I was still a little bit cold but it was OK because I've been waiting for the snow to come... or winter in general, I suppose. Don't you just love how the snow just blankets everything making a winter wonderland? The noises are gone, just a peaceful, crisp white world.

Commuting's not so fun. Actually, I notice people in the GTA don't know how to drive at all. Moisture in the air.. slam on the brakes! There's white drifting around on the ground but no accumulation.. slam on the brakes! I've been to areas out of the GTA and people drive just fine in inclement weather. I've been in Quebec in the middle of winter on a night in which we got a foot of snow in about an hour and people drove at almost regular speeds without incident. I don't like winter driving here, no good.

Snow snow snow! I can't wait to take Iggy out into the snow. We took Whiskey out in her harness and leash on a beautiful day after it had snowed all night when she was younger. I zipped her up in my jacket and off we went. She wasn't crazy about being outside but it was warm in my jacket so she was OK. Mr. Stinky had the bright idea of tossing her into the snow. She looked up at him and yowled her displeasure. Hahaha...

No comments: