November 13, 2005

November Long Weekend

I'm going to wrap up my long weekend into one entry.

I have a minor cold, thanks to all the germy, nasty commuters and co-workers who don't cover their mouths, use kleenexes or take a sick day. I may turtle into my jacket collar and try to hide from your billions of germs misting around my head but I know that doesn't keep me safe.

I want to mention Rememberance Day. I really am grateful to all the veterans who made it safe for me to live here in Canada. I think of my grandfather who came home from the war and how lucky we were to have him in our lives. There are so many people who didn't come home to their families, to the rest of their lives. I am proud to wear the poppy over my heart as a thank you to the brave soldiers and non-combatants who sacrificed themselves for me.

Friday was the Nine Inch Nails concert. We were surrounded by goths, freaks and pot. The ACC was hotboxed and there were so many people so high they didn't stop screaming and/or dancing/head banging for the entire night. I don't know what the big deal about pot is, my friends smoke it and I've always thought it smelled like angry skunks or something equally nasty. Not my cuppa tea. We didn't have the greatest seats but it was a great concert anyway. I've never been a big Nine Inch Nails fan but I've come away from this experience with a newfound respect for Trent Reznor and his talents after seeing them live. I wikipedia-ed him and found lots of information. By the way, that's my new favourite website: Wikipedia . It's awesome, you can find absolutely everything you want on there. Did you know Trent Reznor's only 5'6"? Too short for me, sorry babes. ;0)

We also had a door-to-door guy yesterday. I answered the door and he asked if my parents were home. Yay! Hahaha... it didn't work, I didn't give him any money but at least my ego was stroked and that's important too, right?

Song I'm loving right now: Dierks Bentley's Come a Little Closer. Beautiful.

No comments: